Handel’s Messiah is considered a masterpiece, beloved throughout the world. Yet, there is another work that was Handel’s favorite: Theodora. This dramatic oratorio, staged as an opera, is based on the true story about the religious oppression of a 4th-century Christian women who stands up for her religious beliefs and defies the governmental edict to make a sacrifice to pagan gods.
- This event has passed.
October 27 2018
|Date:||October 27, 2018|
|Event Categories:||BYU School of Music concert series, Classic, Classical Music, Classical Voice, Coming Soon, Music, On sale Aug. 6, Opera, School of Music|
|Tickets on Sale:||Aug. 6|
de Jong Concert HallFranklin S. Harris Fine Arts Center
|BYU School of Music|
|Website:||Visit Organizer Website|
- BYU’s China Spectacular Tour Celebrates 40 Years of Friendship May 10, 2019
- Patti LuPone and Itzhak Perlman Among Artists Headed to BYU for 2019-20 BRAVO! Season May 7, 2019
- BYU Symphonic Band Closes Semester with ‘Medieval Might of Sword and Stone’ April 17, 2019
- Evening of Percussion Debuts New Music, Features Student Composer April 13, 2019
- Blend of World-Class Ballroom and Latin Dancing Showcased at BYU Ballroom Dance in Concert April 12, 2019