ANNE OF GREEN GABLES
Adapted by Peter DeLaurier
From the novel by L. M. Montgomery
Directed by Teresa Dayley Love
For more than a century, this beloved taleof the feisty, red-headed orphan has enchanted readers, young and old alike. Fast-paced and highly theatrical, this stage adaptation brings Anne Shirley’s story to life with her imaginative mind, inventive temper, sharp intelligence, and loving heart. Come follow Anne as she wins hearts and turns the stodgy, rural Canadian community of Avonlea into a bright world of “kindred spirits.”
LUNCH AND LEARN is free. It is an opportunity for all playgoers ages 8+ to participate in learning activities building on and inspired by Anne of Green Gables. BYU student “Teaching Artists” will lead the 60-minute Lunch and Learn workshop and then provide a free sack lunch and a space for participants to enjoy lunch before the play performance begins. One free meal will be provided by BYU for each registered participant.
Note: Parents/guardians may not leave children unattended at the workshop. Parents/guardians are encouraged to register and participate along with their children. If you prefer not to participate, you must remain on site with your children during the workshop.
You may register for ONE of the following Lunch and Learn workshops (click the date below to register):
- Thursday, June 7, 12:30 pm
- Saturday, June 9, 12:30 pm
- Friday, June 15, 12:30 pm
- Saturday, June 16, 12:30 pm
- Tickets to the performance of Anne of Green Gablesare not included with your free Lunch and Learn registration. You must also purchase your ticket to the performance of Anne of Green Gables separately online here or at the BYU Ticket Office in the Harris Fine Arts Center or Marriott Center or by calling (801) 422-2981.
- Lunch and Learn workshops take place from 12:30-1:30 pm. You can then enjoy your lunch from 1:30-2:00 p.m. (The performances of the play begin at 2:00 p.m. in the Pardoe Theatre of the BYU Harris Fine Arts Center.)
- Check in at 12:30 p.m. in the north lobby of the Pardoe Theatre (3rd floor of the Harris Fine Arts Center) on the BYU campus.
- The Lunch and Learn workshop is free, but you must register online to secure a spot. Enrollment is limited.
ASL interpreted performance June 8
BYU THEATRE SEASON TICKETS
Purchase a BYU Theatre season ticket package and save as much as 47% off weekend public prices, depending on the night of the week you choose to attend and your category price. Season tickets now on sale. Learn more…
Produced by special arrangement with Playscripts,Inc., www.playscripts.com.