BYU relies on many volunteer ushers to help us with each of our events. Ushers help take tickets, dispense programs, and provide general information and directions to our patrons at all ticketed events. The best part of volunteering is that just before the event begins, you can slip into your reserved seat and enjoy the performance for free! All we ask is that you observe these simple rules:
- Arrive one hour prior to the start of the performance. Please come to the south lobby of the de Jong Concert Hall (3rd floor, Harris Fine Arts Center, near the Ticket Office).
- Please wear a white button-up shirt, black pants or skirt, black socks or stockings, and black shoes. No jackets or sweaters, please.
- Hair should be neatly combed or styled.
- Please adhere to all BYU honor code dress policies (i.e. no facial hair, nose rings, etc.). Unfortunately, volunteers not adhering to the dress code will not be able to serve.
- If an event has multiple performances, volunteers may only sign up for one performance of that event.
- If you sign up to volunteer for an event, please donít forget to come. Itís important to us that we have the full number of volunteers at each performance. If you sign up to volunteer but later discover you canít make it, please cancel by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Volunteer ushers must be at least 18 years of age.
Thank you for your support of the arts at Brigham Young University!